A refinery in south-east Asia suffered torrential rain during the monsoon season. A Remote Impounding Basin (RIB) is used to handle the stormwater runoff, prevent flooding and pollution of the nearby environment.
The refinery issued a call for tenders, in order to find a company able to further treat this contaminated rainwater stored in the RIB in line with the applicable discharge standards.
CTP environment Asia Pacific suggested a flexible and effective two-stage solution with fast mobilisation:
- Physico-chemical effluent treatment using the Aeromobil® dissolved air flotation system, with a throughput of between 150 and 1000 m3/h (660 and 4400 gpm)
- Sludge dewatering unit using the Geofloc® process to minimise the volume of sludge generated.
The outstanding responsiveness of the Aeromobil® mobile unit in terms of throughput allowed the RIB’s level to be easily managed. The risks associated with torrential rain, such as flooding and pollution of the immediate environment, were managed throughout the entire operation with:
- 2 mobile dissolved air flotation units working in parallel
- Automated and remote monitoring
- ATEX certification
- Equipment that was compact, economic and easy to use and install.
The treatment solution implemented by CTP environment Asia Pacific made a positive contribution to the management of the contaminated rainwater, while adjusting to the site’s physical constraints. Constructive cooperation between all parties involved made this project a true success.