Every year, our client cleans the water loop on its production site to:
- Comply with the statutory requirements for cooling towers
- Restore the steam condenser performance to its original level
To optimise the cleaning time and comply with the time allowed by the shutdown, CTP environnement provided the following services:
- Mechanical cleaning of cooling towers without the use of scaffolding: pre-disinfection of the water loop, mechanical cleaning of 10 cooling cells and the tank, final disinfection.
- Quick and effective cleaning of the condenser: mechanical intra-tube process (cooling water side) by firing projectiles
CTP environnement recommended an operating procedure based on human and physical resources to meet its client’s needs:
- Personnel trained and experienced in working at height without scaffolding, using lifelines and safety harnesses
- Specific equipment and cleaning projectiles, suitable brushes (size, hardness, etc.) to best remove the deposit.
This cleaning was a success thanks to the good performance within the specified deadline. It later led to repeat these services within the framework of a multi-year agreement (framework agreement).